Sunday, November 15, 2009

In Your Dreams



Hi Bookworms!
Boy, am I glad that I have you to distract me from writing my paper on “Language, Mental State Vocabulary, and False Belief Understanding in Children With Cochlear Implants!" It really is a fascinating topic, but I’m looking for an excuse to procrastinate. 
I’ve gotten a few facebook friend requests from my blog readers. But if you haven’t friended me yet … feel free to do so! My facebook name is “Carly Reads.” There’s also link in the side bar of my blog that will take you right to my profile. I use my facebook to update my MyLivingSocial Visual Bookshelf with all the TBF books I’ve read, am waiting to read, and am currently reading. I’m also fans of or friends with most of the TBF authors attending this year’s festival. You know you want in on the action – so friend me!
Now, onto the fun stuff …
Last night, I stayed up until 1 AM reading Lisa McMann’s “Wake.” “Wake” tells the story of Janie, an average 17-year-old with an extraordinary gift. Janie has the ability to get sucked into other people’s dreams. I hesitate to say more than that because this was such a suspenseful story that I don’t want to give ANYTHING away. What I will say, though, is that I really liked this book. It reminded me a little bit of Meg Cabot’s “Mediator” series, which I read years ago. Janie is a lot like Susannah, the “Mediator” series’ heroine, because she’s strong and independent. I LOVE strong female protagonists. And for those of you looking for some literary romance, fear not, you’ll definitely find it in “Wake.” I will readily admit that I officially have a HUGE crush on Cabel. I’m heading to the library right now to find the next book in the series, “Fade.”
If you’ve read “Wake,” drop me a line and let me know what you thought! If you HAVEN’T read “Wake,” go get yourself a copy ASAP!
Until next time,

PS In the next few weeks I will begin posting the exclusive author interviews that I’ve been conducting. Keep checking back, you never know when one might pop up!

No comments:

Post a Comment