Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How Hex Hall Renewed My Faith in Vampires



Hey Readers!
I’ve made it this year’s blog resolution to post more book reviews, so here comes another one! I just read Rachel Hawkins' “Hex Hall.” I’m usually NOT a fantasy person. I loved Harry Potter, but hated “Lord of the Rings,” etc. I’m just not into it. However, I REALLY liked “Hex Hall!” It was the perfect book for Memorial Day weekend – it was fun, moved quickly, and had a good mystery to it. I usually try not to compare between authors that are both coming to TBF in the same year, but I’m describing “Hex Hall” as “If I Tell You I Love You Then I’d Have to Kill You” (which is one of my favorites) meets Harry Potter.
“Hex Hall” has a totally awesome female protagonist (Sophie) who goes to private school (okay, reform school) for witches, warlocks, shapeshifters, fairies, and a lone vampire. I don’t like vampires. At all. I hate “Twilight” with a passion. However, “Hex Hall” has a vampire that has made me reconsider my hatred for all things vampire related. And that, my readers, is significant.
So, if only to find out why I no longer hate ALL vampires, get your hands on a copy of “Hex Hall” ASAP. Once you read it (or if you’re ahead of me and you’ve already read it!), leave me a comment and let me know what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment