Sunday, February 27, 2011

Meet Colleen!


Hey Bookworms!

Today I have a special guest here on Carly Reads … I’ll allow her to share a little bit of information about herself with you, but allow me to introduce you to Colleen!

Hi! My name is Colleen. I have always loved to read! I am 25 years old and currently finishing up my last semester the University at Buffalo, working towards my master’s degree in Library Science. Prior to that, I received my Bachelor of Arts degree from Nazareth (home to the TBF – yay!). Because of my love of books, I got my first job as a page at the Webster Public Library shelving books when I was 15… and have been there ever since! I’m still at the same library – but working as a librarian assistant now. For my final semester of grad school, I am working on a special project with the Teen Book Festival (as an intern of sorts). In addition to working alongside TBF-founder and committee chair Stephanie Squicciarini on several TBF-related projects and events, I am also attempting to read my way through all of the authors coming to the festival this year (a big task, I know… but I’m up to it!). Carly, my fellow WPL employee and Naz student, has been kind enough to let me be a guest blogger on Carly Reads as part of my project. I’m new to writing reviews… so please bear with me!

Hope to see you all at the TBF!

Colleen :)

So readers, come back again tomorrow for Colleen’s first book review.


No comments:

Post a Comment